Dinner: Loving Neighbor and Loving Self, Ages 5-10 (10/29/17)
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions based on the Matthew 22:34-46 gospel reading to explore this topic with your family while you eat.
Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.
Questions 5-10 years old
- What does it mean to love your neighbor as you love yourself?
- When is it easy to love others?
- When is it difficult to love others?
- When is it easy to love yourself?
- When is it difficult to love yourself?