Dinner: The Parable of the Talents, Ages 5-10 (11/19/17)
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions to explore this week’s topic with your family while you eat.
Blessed Lord, who caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning: Grant us so to hear them, red, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that we may embrace and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which you have given us in our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
(Book of Common Prayer, Page 236)
Please read Matthew 25:14-15, 19-29
Questions 5-10 years old
- What different insights do you get from this version of Jesus’ parable?
- What do you think is Jesus’ attitude toward money?
- What are talents that you see in members of our family?
- How can the way one feels about oneself help or hinder the use of one’s gifts or talents?
- How can we help others more freely develop and use their gifts and talents?
- In what ways can we help ourselves develop and use our gifts and talents?