Dinner Time: Talking About Forgiveness (September 17, 2017)
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions to explore this topic with your family while you eat.
Prayer - Lord, thank you for your example of forgiveness. Help us to be mindful of all the ways in which you forgive us. Teach us to notice those moments where we can try to be better people. Guide us to appreciate and be humble in knowing that you will always forgive us. Thank you for always giving us the opportunity to turn back to you and change our ways.
Questions 5-10 years old
- Who was the last person you forgave? What did they do?
- How does forgiving help us to love God?
- What does Jesus tell us about forgiveness?
- What should our response be when God forgives us?
- How might it be hard to receive God’s forgiveness?