Dinner: What We Forget, Ages 5-10 (11/12/17)
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions to explore this week’s topic with your family while you eat.
Almighty and eternal God, so draw our hearts to you, so guide our minds, so fill our imaginations, so control our wills that we may be wholly yours, utterly dedicated unto you; and then use us, we pray you, as you will, and always to your glory and the welfare of your people; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
Situation- Imagine that you have been invited to the White House to receive an award from the president for something outstanding you did at school this week.
We’re going to the White House by bus, but no one is sure when the bus is coming. We’ve gathered outside to wait for the bus, but suddenly, we realize that we forgot something. (I wonder) what did you forget to bring on this trip?
Questions 5-10 years old
- How important was that thing you returned to the house to get?
- What opportunities in our lives do we miss because we delay or forget things?
- When might we miss opportunities to get to know God? To do things for God? For others?
- In what areas of our lives are we prepared to meet God?
- When you get distracted in our wait for God, what can you do to remember that you’re waiting for God?