Views and Q's: I am a Human
This week we explore what it means to be made in the image of God with a video about the first creation story in Genesis Chapter One (for ages 0-4), a video about what the "Image of God" means (for ages 5-10) and a video from Maya Angelou as she reflects on her own humanity (for ages 11-18). Watch the video together and then reflect on it using the discussion questions provided.
The Creation Story, Ages 0-4
1. What did the story say God has made? I wonder what other things God has made.
2. I wonder why God made all of these things.
3. I wonder what God is like. What do you think it would be like to talk to God?
4. I wonder what God is doing now. Do you think God is still making things?
The Image of God, Ages 5-10
1. What do you think it means when the Bible says humans are created in the Image of God?
2. What would happen if we forget that we are made in the Image of God?
3. How does the bible tell us to treat one another?
4. Do you see God's image in the world today? Do you see God's image in yourself? Do you see God's image in other people?
I am Human, Ages 11-18
1. Angelou provides one way she thinks she is a Child of God. “The it that made fleas and mountains…”. Can you think of other reasons?
2. Angelou says she finds it difficult to see and treat her enemies as Children of God. Who are some people (in your life, in the news, or in history books) that you may have difficulty seeing as Children of God?
3. In the video, Angelou lists people who did great things (Mother Teresa, Malcolm X, etc.) , and says that if another human accomplished that- so can you! What are some of your goals for the future? Who is your role model?