Serve Others. It's what we do.
While we have many opportunities to volunteer for the Cathedral family, for our neighbors, and the greater community, below we only list areas where we currently have the greatest need. Please take a look and see where you are called to put your gifts to work.
* denotes urgent need.
Administration and Governance
• Buildings and Grounds Committee – meet quarterly to make decisions about our facilities
Worship and Music
• *Acolyte – serve in worship, ideally once a month (sometimes more often if able)
• *Altar Guild – prepare the cathedral for worship once a month, weekdays also needed
• Daily Office Officiants – officiate at either morning prayer (8:30am) or evening prayer (5pm) once a week
• Usher - serve at worship about once a month, helping with seating, collection, and communion.
Community and Pastoral Care
• Hospitality Committee – serve at events as needed
• Eucharistic Visitor – take communion to homebound parishioners
• Cathedral Visitors – visit homebound parishioners (without communion)
• *Greeters – greet newcomers once a month before and after services
• Integrity Steering Committee – organize and plan our LGBT ministry
• Cathedral for the City Commission – organize and plan our events to connect with the city around us
• * Audio Visual Ministry – help run the sound and video equipment for the cathedral during services, about once every three weeks
• Docents – serve once a week by opening the cathedral to visitors, hosting them in our beautiful space in a two hour shift
• Godly Play Volunteers – both storytellers and greeters are needed in this ministry for our elementary age children. Ideally serve once a month.
• Small Group Leader - facilitates small groups regularly over next program year. Group process training to be provided.
• Showers of Blessings – serve in our flagship homeless ministry providing showers, food, and relationship to those who live outside
* Denotes urgent need!
To volunteer (or make a need for volunteers known), please contact Jeff Martinhauk, Director of Congregational Life. email@example.com, 619-298-7261 x-334.