Love Christ, Serve Others, Welcome All.
Will you seek and serve Christ and all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself?
I will with God's help. (From the Baptismal Covenant.)
Serve Others. It's what we do.
Check here for our current opportunities to put your gifts to work for your neighbor.
* denotes urgent need.
Administration and Governance
• Buildings and Grounds Committee – meet quarterly to make decisions about our facilities
Worship and Music
• *Acolyte – serve in worship, ideally once a month (sometimes more often if able)
• *Altar Guild – prepare the cathedral for worship once a month, weekdays also needed
• Daily Office Officiants – officiate at either morning prayer (8:30am) or evening prayer (5pm) once a week
• Usher - serve at worship about once a month, helping with seating, collection, and communion.
Community and Pastoral Care
• Hospitality Committee – serve at events as needed
• Eucharistic Visitor – take communion to homebound parishioners
• Cathedral Visitors – visit homebound parishioners (without communion)
• *Greeters – greet newcomers once a month before and after services
• Integrity Steering Committee – organize and plan our LGBT ministry
• Cathedral for the City Commission – organize and plan our events to connect with the city around us
• * Audio Visual Ministry – help run the sound and video equipment for the cathedral during services, about once every three weeks
• Docents – serve once a week by opening the cathedral to visitors, hosting them in our beautiful space in a two hour shift
• Godly Play Volunteers – both storytellers and greeters are needed in this ministry for our elementary age children. Ideally serve once a month.
• Small Group Leader - facilitates small groups regularly over next program year. Group process training to be provided.
• Showers of Blessings – serve in our flagship homeless ministry providing showers, food, and relationship to those who live outside
* Denotes urgent need!
To volunteer (or make a need for volunteers known), please contact Jeff Martinhauk, Director of Congregational Life. email@example.com, 619-298-7261 x-334.