Dinner: Discoveries Through Serving, Ages 5-10 (11/5/17)
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions to explore this week’s topic with your family while you eat.
O God, who wonderfully created, and yet more wonderfully restored, the dignity of human nature: Grant that we may share the divine life of him who humbled himself to share our humanity, your Son Jesus Christ; who lives and reign with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
(Book of Common Prayer, Page 251)
Questions 5-10 years old
- Describe a time when you served someone else.
- How did it feel? What new things did you discover?
- When has someone served you?
- How did being served feel? What new things did you discover through being served?
- Is it easier to serve or to be served? Why?