Dinner: Forgetting What's Important, Ages 0-4 (11/12/17)
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions to explore this week’s topic with your family while you eat.
Almighty and eternal God, so draw our hearts to you, so guide our minds, so fill our imaginations, so control our wills that we may be wholly yours, utterly dedicated unto you; and then use us, we pray you, as you will, and always to your glory and the welfare of your people; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
Situation- Imagine that you have been invited to the White House to receive an award from the president for something outstanding you did at school this week.
We’re going to the White House by bus, but no one is sure when the bus is coming. We’ve gathered outside to wait for the bus, but suddenly, we realize that we forgot something. (I wonder) what did you forget to bring on this trip?
Questions 0-4 years old
- I wonder how important are these things that we might forget at home.
- I wonder what you would miss if you went back to get that thing.
- I wonder what stuff we miss because we wait too long or got distracted on other things.
- I wonder how can you focus on God again when you get distracted.
- I wonder how you can return to God when you find yourself getting distracted.