Dinner: The Experience of Generosity, Ages 5-10 (9/24/17)
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions to explore this topic with your family while you eat.
Teach me to be generous;
Teach me to serve You as You deserve;
To give and not to count the cost,
To fight and not to heed the wounds,
To toil and not to seek for rest,
To labor and not to ask for reward,
[except] that of knowing I am doing Your Will. Amen.
-Prayer of St. Ignatius Loyola
Questions 5-10 years old
- What is a gift that you received recently that was very generous?
- How did it make you feel to receive it?
- Why is it important to be generous?
- What makes it hard to give to other people?
- What does Jesus tell us about being generous?