Dinner: The Most Important Rule, Ages 0-4 (10/29/17)
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions based on the Matthew 22:34-46 gospel reading to explore this topic with your family while you eat.
Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.
Questions 0-4 years old
- I wonder what Jesus said was the most important rule.
- I wonder what it means to love God with all of your heart.
- I wonder what it means to love your neighbor as you love yourself.
- I wonder how can you love God with your mind.
- I wonder how you can return to God when you find yourself getting distracted.